Wednesday 2 March 2016

Student-led Conferences

Conferences are taking place next week and here is what they will look like:

  • A sign up sheet will be posted outside the office this week.
  • Student-led meaning I will be in the room but not facilitating in any way.  Your child will have some things to show you but this is their time to share their classroom with you in whatever way they choose.  This may mean drawing a picture together, reading books, playing Lego, or leading you through classroom routines.
  • Duration is 30 minutes but you do not have to stay that long. 
  • There can be as many as 4 families in the room at the same time.
  • This is not the time to have conversations with me about your child specifically.  If you would like to meet to do that, drop me an email and we can set up a time.
  • I will be keeping busy - this is because their behavior can be quite different when parents and I are in a room together.  I am going to keep my distance in the hopes that they feel perfectly comfortable with just you.
  • There will be some things to bring home that day.
  • Younger siblings are welcome.

If none of the posted times work for you, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment